الثلاثاء، 2 مارس 2010

Sausage Shrimp Chowder



HAPPY 200th POST...


I really love to eat soup in the winter; I also think I have been pushing it with my husband with all of the soups and chowders we have been having lately. Don't get me wrong he likes soup but I think I have a bigger love for it than he does, that is until now. On Sunday we created chowder that he simply loved, it was such a quick and easy chowder to toss together too. I mean come on, just how can you go wrong with a soup that has sausage, shrimp, taters and corn.


3 Tbs. - Butter
1 Small - Onion Diced
2 Tbs. - Chopped Garlic
1 Lbs. - Bulk Sausage (I used Chicken Basil Garlic)
1 lbs. - Medium Raw Shrimp (peeled & deveined)
4 C. - Chicken Stock
3 C. - Half & Half
2 - Par-Boiled Potatoes (diced)
2 Tbs. - Garlic Powder
2 Tbs. - McCormick's Steak Seasoning
Salt & Pepper to taste


In a heavy bottomed soup pot over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes, do not brown. Add the sausage and stir to break it up, cook for 7-10 minutes or until cooked through. Raise the heat to medium high and add the shrimp, broth and seasonings. Cook for about 5 minutes then add the half & half, stir in the potatoes and simmer for another 15 minutes. Ladle into bowls and serve with some crusty bread.


Click here to Print Recipe...



http://bit.ly/bDmvre

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق