السبت، 13 فبراير 2010

Lemon Cooler Cookies



Does anyone remember as kids having Lemon Cooler Cookies? I recall they came in a green box with a plate of the cookies on the front; they were covered in fluffy powder sugar and had an intense lemon flavor. I loved them and begged my mom every time we went to the store if she would get me another box. I have not had them in what seems like forever, I have not been able to find them at any of the stores I shop at, I was so thrilled when I found a recipe on the Internet for them. I made these lovely lemony cookies Sunday and everyone at home loved them and everyone at my work wanted more. My husband took some to three friends at one of his customer’s offices, and they all loved them too. I would strongly recommend a travel back to your child hood and enjoy some of these very flavorful lemon cookies.


1/2 C. - Powder Sugar
1/2 C. - White Granulated Sugar
1/3 C. - Butter Flavor Crisco
1 - Large Egg
1/2 Tsp. - Vanilla
1/8 Tsp. - Salt
1 1/2 C. - Cake Flour
1 1/2 Tsp. - Baking Powder
1 Tbs. - Water

Lemon Powder Sugar:

1 C. - Powder Sugar
1 Small Packet - Lemon Kool-Aid (unsweetened)

In a large bowl cream together the sugars, Crisco, egg, vanilla and salt. Add the flour and baking powder and the water. Mix until dough forms a ball. Roll rough into ¾ inch balls and flatten slightly onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15-18 min. in a 325 degree oven. While the cookies are baking, combine the 1 cup of powder sugar and Kool-Aid in a large zippy bag, seal the bag and shake to mix. When the cookies are done baking drop a few at a time into the zippy bag and shake to coat with the lemon powder mixture. With all of the different flavors of Kool-Aid these days why stop at just lemon, I bet these would taste great in strawberry, orange and any flavor your family likes.


Click here to Print Recipe...



http://bit.ly/9nYkQk

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق